Woman Warns Pet Owners After Finding Her Dog Dead At Home

When Christina Young from Houston, Texas arrived home, she found her beloved dog lying dead on the floor. To warn other pet owners of the danger lurking in your home, she shared her story with “Love What Matters.” 

Christina Young says she’s been living her worst nightmare, “There is no way to describe the sadness, guilt, and emptiness we feel in our hearts and our home.  Petey taught us how to love in an entirely different way than we had known before. He made  Christian, and I feel like a real family. He was always there for us after a long day, he made getting up early for work so much more enjoyable, and he made me laugh EVERY single day.”

Warning to pet owners. Petey
Image by Christina Young, Instagram

“His personality was not like any other I have seen in an animal, and our friends and family showed him so much love anytime they were around him. We are so thankful for them because they have gone above and beyond to help us with everything and to make sure we feel so loved. We truly could not have gotten through these past few days without them. But I know they are mourning too because each of them had their own special bond with Petey.”



“I don’t know why this had to happen, and it hurts like hell, but I am faithful that God will show us a way to become stronger and closer to him because of it. In the short 1.5 years, he was in our lives, he changed us forever. The bond the three of us shared was instant, and like nothing, I’ve  ever felt. We only wish it could have been longer. We love you so much Papasito. You will be in our hearts FOREVER. Until we meet again.” You might also want to read the true stories of people who received messages from beyond the graves. Including that of a pet saying its final good-bye.

Christina tells her story to warn pet owners

“One week ago I kissed my baby boy goodbye on my way out for work. But I had no idea it would be for the last time. Although I still can’t even wrap my head around what happened, Christian and I  feel we have an obligation to share what happened to Petey to hopefully prevent it from happening to any of your babies.

We apologize in advance because this is so hard to write about and I’m sure such a downer to read.  Last Monday, Christian beat me home from work by about 10 minutes and was surprised when Petey didn’t greet him at the door like usual. As he walked in further, he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter, and we will forever blame ourselves for leaving it out.

He ate every chip out, but of course, went back for crumbs… with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more, he would inhale making the bag tighter and tighter around his head… ultimately resulting in suffocation.

Image by Christina Young, Instagram

Petey was SMART so I didn’t understand why he couldn’t get it off with his paws. But after doing research the stats on how often this happens is shocking. Three to five pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about three minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often, we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there. Especially because I was a very overprotective dog mama…

In fact, 90% of the incidents reported the owner had never heard of this until it happened to them (us included). Chip bags, cereal bags, bread bags, popcorn bags, dog/cat treat bags seem to be the most common. So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey, that you be extra careful — warn other dog owners and give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heartbreaking this way.”



View this post on Instagram

One week ago I kissed my baby boy goodbye on my way out for work. But I had no idea it would be for the last time. Although I still can’t even wrap my head around what happened @cville7 and I feel we have an obligation to share what happened to Petey to hopefully prevent it from happening to any of your babies. So we apologize in advance bc this is so hard to write about & I’m sure such a downer to read. Last Monday, Christian beat me home from work by about 10 min & was surprised when Petey didn’t greet him at the door like usual. As he walked in further he saw our sweet boy laying lifeless with a stupid chip bag over his head. He was able to get them off the counter that we will forever blame ourselves for leaving out. He ate every chip out but of course went back for crumbs… with there being nothing left inside every time he would go for more he would inhale making the back tighter & tighter around his head.. ultimately resulting in suffocation 💔 Petey was SMART so I didn’t understand why he couldn’t get it off with his paws. But after doing research the stats on how often this happens is shocking. 3-5 pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about 3 minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there. Especially bc I was a very overprotective dog mama. In fact 90% of the incidents reported the owner had never heard of this until it happened to them (us included). Chip bags, cereal bags, bread bags, popcorn bags, dog / cat treat bags seem to be the most common. So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners & give your fur babies some extra love today and everyday after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heart breaking this way. We love you papas you were the best boy in the whole world & we will remember our good times forever 🐶😇 #PeteyPablo #pitties #pitbullsofinstagram #preventpetsuffocation #pitbullawareness #PeteysPurpose

A post shared by Chrissy Young (@mschris99) on

 

Please share Christina’s story. Let others be warned and help save pet’s lives.

Take a moment to like our facebook page GAHA Entertainment.

 

 

What do you think? Leave a comment.

%d bloggers like this: